Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Courting Cate

Courting CateCourting Cate by Leslie Gould


Leslie Gould gives a Shakespearean theme a new twist! Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew comes to Paradise Township in Pennsylvania. Elder sister Cate must marry before her sister Betsy. Cate baulks at the idea, but newcomer Peter Treger begins to turns her head.

I cannot recall the last Amish/Mennonite book I read. I picked up Courting Cate because the Shakespearean storyline peaked my interest. Gould shared a fantastic tale that interwove culture, Shakespeare, and faith. If you enjoy Shakespeare retellings or Amish stories, you will enjoy Gould's newest book. I look forward to see her next piece in the Courtships of Lancaster County series.

Time Period: Modern
Location: Paradise Township, Pennsylvania and New York, USA

Reviewed from a NetGalley copy. Thank you, Bethany House!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...