Thursday, November 12, 2015

Storytime: Fall 2015

During our Fall session of storytime at the library, I share eight weeks of storytimes. I try to think of new and exciting themes to share. This fall my co-worker and I decided to share a nursery rhyme with each storytime. We sometimes overlapped, but over all we had different rhymes with different themes. It was a lot of fun and I would encourage you to give it a try! Here's a brief glimpse of some of the storytime materials I shared this Fall:

Fall Storytime Themes from Miss Pippi Reads

Nursery Rhyme: There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe
Theme: Home

Nursery Rhyme: Mary Had a Little Lamb
Theme: School

Nursery Rhyme: Little Boy Blue
Theme: Naps

Nursery Rhyme: None
Theme: New Favorite Books

Nursery Rhyme: Hickory Dickory Dock
Theme: Clocks

Nursery Rhymes: Pat-a-Cat & Rub-a-Dub-Dub
Theme: Bakers

Nursery Rhyme: Sing a Song of Sixpence
Theme: Black Birds / Crows / Ravens

Themes I have used before were houses, school, baking, and crows. Even with repeated themes, the audience is new and for the most part the books are new as well! My favorite storytime this season was the black birds storytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...