Thursday, May 07, 2015

Review: A Home for My Heart

A Home for My Heart by Anne Mateer


Sadie Sillsby and Blaine Wellsmith are engaged. They are close to being married when they surprise each other with amazing opportunities. Sadie could be the matron of Raystown Home for Orphans and Friendless Children. Blaine could purchase land to start a farm for his future family. With the new surprises in their lives, they rush forward with good news without talking it through with their significant other.

A Home for My HeartRelationships work better with open communication. Surprises are great, but if they could be life-changing, it is best to talk with others close to you. Sadie and Blaine have a very topsy-turvy journey in this book. At the same time, Sadie is working through her career ambitions. Sadie's heart struggles offered a good read. Even in first person, I enjoyed her story. (I prefer third-person perspective.) There is also the aspect of the Raystown Home, but it wasn't at the forefront for me. I know it will draw in other readers.

For this reader, the most intriguing storyline was Sadie's career realizations. A career can be a fine line between passion and abilities. Careers can also change depending on the people around you and the situations that arise. I think Mateer addressed it well and wrapped it up the story well.

Time Period: Turn of the Century, 1910
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Reviewed from a library copy.

Title: A Home for My Heart
Author: Anne Mateer
ISBN: 9780764210648

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...