Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: Castle Waiting Volume I and II

Castle Waiting, Vol. 1
Castle Waiting, Vol. 2Fantagraphics Books published two omnibus collections of Linda Medley's Castle Waiting graphic novel series. Medley weaves a storyline with humans and creatures who live in a magic castle that holds the power of Sleeping Beauty. But don't be too dedicated to classic fairytales because Medley weaves her own fantastical tale! After reading Volume I, I was thrilled to see Volume II in the library catalog. Immediately, I placed a hold.

Volume II picks up where Volume I ended. The drawings are wonderful and do not disintegrate or transform through the numerous chapters. Volume II ends on a cliff hanger. I shall try to wait patiently for the next installment. I would propose that graphic novels take longer to write then a novel because of the sketching and text, but I think it depends on the speed, skill and determination of the author. Ms. Medley, I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next at the Castle.


Reviewed from library copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...