Monday, March 05, 2012

Review: Swirl by Swirl

Swirl by Swirl: Spirals in NatureSwirl by Swirl: Spirals in Nature by Joyce Sidman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Swirl by Swirl is getting heaps of attention, but I didn't care to find the book. My co-worker passed it to me and said, "This is a great book. It looks like your type of storytime book." Okay. I'll give it a chance.

It's wonderful! A beautiful piece that weaves non-fiction and fiction together. Swirls surround us every day if we look closely. They protect and comfort. They are powerful and beautiful. Swirl by Swirl can be a fantastic storytime book. The colors are dark and detailed (another reason I did not seek out this book). The publishers kindly shared the artwork medium - scratch board. Scratch board? Wow! WOW! I appreciate this read for it's wonderful story that can be shared with all ages and the amazing talent of a scratch board artist.


Reviewed from a library copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...