Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: The Icecutter's Daughter

The Icecutter's Daughter (Land of Shining Water, #1)The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Merrill Krause promised her dying mother that she would watch over and care for her family. But her family doesn't know about her promise as her father tells her she needs to step down from the ice harvesting family business.
Rurik Jorgenson also made family promises. He moved to Merrill's town to help his uncle's carpentry business. He hopes to one day open his own shop, but he needs to care for family, before striking out on his own.

I forgot how much I enjoy Tracie Peterson's historical fiction stories. I fell in love with the character's occupations, talents, and family loyalties. It was a story I couldn't put down and wanted to share with others immediately. I'm looking forward to her next book in the Land of Shining Water series.

Time Period: 1800's
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA

Reviewed from a NetGalley copy. Thank you, Bethany House Publishers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...